Sunday, August 22, 2010

CSA Week Eleven

Hi!  Here is what I got from my CSA this week:
-Corn
-Cucumbers
-Zucchini
-Green Bell peppers
-Heirloom and Hot House tomatoes
-Carrots
-Garlic
-Basil
-Dozen Eggs
-White peaches
-Yellow peaches
-Nectarines
 
Last weekend, I had an impromptu pizza party.  The variety of vegetables this season are perfect for pizza making.  I also made this Lemony Zucchini Tart from Good Food, Good Wine, Bad Girl blog.  I could not find lemon fetish feta cheese, but replaced it with a regular feta, and it still turned out very tasty.  I definitely recommend trying it if you still have zucchini lying around.  It was a pretty quick, especially if you have a mandolin to slice up the zucchini and shallot.  
I am also planning on making this Nectarine Pizza with Fresh Basil from Alexandra's Kitchen today.  Click here for more homemade pizza.  Enjoy your Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment