Sunday, June 14, 2009

Quick Strawberry Jam

With one of my quarts of strawberries I received from my CSA, I decided to make this quick strawberry jam from Everyday Food because it just looked too easy. It only takes three ingredients: strawberries, lemon, and sugar, and is insanely quick to make. Overall, I liked how the jam turned out, but it was a bit on the sweet side for me. Next time I will add only 1/3 cup of sugar instead of a 1/2 cup to see if I like it better.

Here are the ingredients for Everyday Food's Quick Strawberry Jam (June 2009):
-1 quart strawberries, hulled
-2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
-1/2 cup granulated sugar

To begin, hull strawberries and place in food processor. Roughly chop strawberries.
Juice lemon. Combine strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in saucepan over medium-high heat.
Stir frequently until jam is thickened and bubbles cover the entire surface (about 10 minutes).
Remove from heat and place in clean, dry jar. Let cool to room temperature and place in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
This jam is great on toast, ice cream and in yogurt.

For original recipe, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment