Sunday, February 14, 2010

I Heart The Local Foods Wheel

For Valentine's Day, my valentine so sweetly gave me The Local Foods Wheel.  I am really excited about it because it a visual reminder of what is in season in New York metro area, which includes vegetables, fruit, meat, poultry, and fish, as well as other products (like maple syrup and apple cider).  The wheel is actually two layers.  The top, smaller wheel shows what is in season year-round and also has a window which reveals one season of the bottom wheel.  One the back of the wheel is an expanded list of products grown or produced locally, giving more detail about their seasonal availability.  For more information on the Local Foods Wheel, click here.  There is also a wheel for San Francisco!  My only complaint is that there isn't a magnet on the back, which I think would be great for the fridge.
Also, Happy Chinese New Year!  Click here for a fun recipe for Blood Orange Jelly Smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment