Thursday, February 25, 2010

I Make Better Fro Yo Than Pinkberry

Ok, so that is a bold statement.  Pinkberry seems to be the king of frozen yogurts these days - and I really am a fan, but seriously my frozen yogurt is better.  As most know, I am mutually obsessed with my ice cream maker and David Lebovitz's book, The Perfect Scoop.  David's frozen yogurt has a similar tangy-sweet flavor as Pinkberry, but the creaminess of his yogurt beats it out.  The best part about this frozen yogurt is how simple it is to make and that it is just three ingredients.  I actually reduced the amount of sugar a bit too.

Here is the Frozen Yogurt recipe, adapted from The Perfect Scoop (extra-thick version):
-3 cups Greek yogurt
-1/2 cup granulated sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla

Begin by mixing all the ingredients together until sugar has dissolved.  Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
Once chilled, place yogurt in ice cream maker, according to the manufacturer's instructions.

I would recommend serving the frozen yogurt immediately because it seems to be the best frozen yogurt consistency, but you can also place in your freezer in an air-tight container.  Beware that your yogurt will be rock hard, so you might want to let it thaw for a while.  It still tastes just as good.

If you are in the mood for a quick soup, try this vegetarian tortilla soup I made last year.

2 comments: