Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Chef Spotting And Other Things

So my apologies for being away so long, but I have been busy!  I am moving just a couple blocks away from my lovely Harlem brownstone, so the last couple weeks have been devoted to paperwork, painting, and packing.  In the meantime I have been storing up recipes and restaurant reviews to share later.
A highlight of last weekend was walking past chef Marcus Samuelsson on Frederick Douglass Boulevard. I have become recently obsessed with Marcus since watching him on Top Chef Masters.  My friends and I have been rooting for him every week, although I found him rather ice cold on his first appearance on the show, I quickly forgot about it.  I wanted to stop him on the street, but I thought it would be a bit creepy.  There were so many questions I wanted to ask - like when is his new Harlem restaurant called Red Rooster opening?  Or who wins Top Chef Masters?!  Not that he would tell me.

Other things that have caught my eye these past couple weeks:

Cool infographics on food spending nationwide - click here and here to see.

Get-Set Placemats from Hello Hannah that make me want to be a kid again - click here to see.

Braided Lemon Bread from one of my favorite food blogs - Smitten Kitchen.  I have some hand-picked lemons from California that I have been dying to use.  Hopefully I can make it on Monday.  Click here for the recipe.

Don't forget to check out last year's makings: delicious strawberry-rhubarb syrup, rhubarb tart with orange glaze, and planting an herb garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment