Friday, October 22, 2010

The Best Thing I Had In My Mouth - Dairy Queen Pecan Mudslide

A couple weeks ago, I flew to Iowa to visit my parents and surprise my grandma for her birthday.  Of course, I had to hit my most favorite fast food spots.  Sorry to make the fast-food stereotype stick in the Midwest, but even a snoot like me still enjoys some zesty curly fries from Arby's, hush puppies from Long John Silvers, and of course ice cream from Dairy Queen.

There are no Dairy Queens in Manhattan, so it is truly a special treat when I can go.  I walked in and asked for a Tropical Blizzard, and to my dismay the high school girls looked puzzled.  Ummm in case you didn't know, it's vanilla ice cream blended with shredded coconut, pecans, banana, and pineapple.  What is even more puzzling is that it is the Blizzard's 25th birthday.  Hello - shouldn't we be celebrating DQ's Blizzard diversity?  Bring back the Tropical Blizzard (by the way it is Tom Brokaw's favorite too)!  So I then requested a grape StarKiss, and they were out.  DEVASTATING.  I finally order a Pecan Mudslide.  Although, it wasn't the first two things I requested, it was still the best thing I had in my mouth all weekend.

This time last year, I made Flourless Double Chocolate Pecan Cookies.  Click here for the recipe.

1 comment: