Monday, November 15, 2010

The Best Thing I Had In My Mouth - Pomegranate

Did you know that it is National Pomegranate Month?  Well it is!  Pomegranates are one of my favorite fruits.  I have been fascinated by them since my seventh grade English teacher brought some to class to celebrate the end of our Greek studies unit.  Their leathery pink skin hides the sweet and tart jewel-like clusters inside called arils.  Once you take the time to break open the pomegranate and separate all the seeds, I let them chill in the refrigerator for a bit and just eat a huge bowl of them, like I did today.  I just love how each juicy seed pops in your mouth.  They were definitely the best thing I had in my mouth.

Stay tuned for tips on how to separate out the pomegranate seeds without making a complete mess.

Click here to read about last year's visit to Afton Apple Orchard in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment