Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What Did You Make For Thanksgiving?

What did you make for Thanksgiving?  I made four pies the weekend before, so I was pied-out by the time Thanksgiving rolled around.  Is a pie-less Thanksgiving a crime?  I am not for sure, but I think the Salted-Caramel Six-Layer Chocolate Cake (Martha Stewart, duh) I baked made the cut.  After years of making the same turkey, we decided since it was a smaller Thanksgiving, we would try new recipe.  Here is what was on our menu:

-Salted-Caramel Six-Layer Chocolate Cake - Took three days to make, a little time each night, but was totally worth it.  It was so rich and decadent.
-Tuscan-Style Turkey Alla Porchetta - Whole Foods refused to bone the wings and legs of the bird, so I had to do that myself, which was a little hard, especially because I don't have a boning knife, but once that was over, it was so quick and easy to roast.
-Giblet Gravy - Whole Foods also forgot to include the neck and giblets with the bird, so we just made wing gravy, which was just alright.
-Simple Stuffing - This is so easy, and we make it every year.
-Creamed Corn with Parmesan - This was the surprise winner of the night.  Who knew?
-Sauteed Brussel Sprouts with Sriracha and Cashews - So easy and yummy.
-Mashed Potatoes - My favorite side.
-Spicy Squash Salad with Lentils and Goat Cheese - Love, love, love this recipe, and you can make most of it ahead of time.
-Raw and Cooked Cranberry Relishes
-Zweiback
-Deviled Eggs
-Rosemary Jones - The perfect Thanksgiving cocktail, or anytime cocktail for that matter.
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Hopefully I can get back to posting more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment