Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Best Thing I Had In My Mouth - The Tippler's Booty Collins

Last Monday, I met a friend at the Tippler for an afterwork drink.  The Tippler is a new watering hole located under The Chelsea Market.  It is a large, dark space with brick archways and an industrial feel.  Besides their amazing drinks mixed by master mixologists (The Tippling Brothers), there is an Afro-Cuban jazz and salsa band (Conjuto Guantanamo) playing every Monday.

After several minutes (like several several) of perusing the menu, I finally decided on the Booty Collins (gunpowder tea-infused Belvedere vodka, passionfruit, lemon, yohimbe, and cayenne), and my friend got one of their lushies called Wise Cold Sage (J.M white rhum agricole, creole shrubb, grapefruit, sage, and sirop de canne).  Both were really tasty and interesting.  I definitely want to go back and try a few more at least! Click here to check out their menu.
We shared the super crunchy Parmesan and truffle oil chips and a side of pickles too.  If you are in the Chelsea area, I would totally recommend you stop by for a drink.  I went around six and it wasn't very crowded then, but picked up as the night progressed.  My friend is in pastry school and she gave me several goodies, including this amazing caramel and hazelnut pear.  Just had to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment