Friday, October 28, 2011

CSA Week Twenty

Wow, tons of greens this week!  Here is what I got:

-Turnips
-Monster sweet potatoes
-Monster fennel
-Mesclun
-Curly endive
-Daikon
-Bok choy
-Kale
-Broccoli
-Jalapenos
-Apples
-Eggs
-Mums

So Wednesday I finally made roasted broccoli, which my mom has been raving about for a year.  It was so good and easy.  You can make it as healthy or unhealthy as you want, but it is really tasty and quick to make.  I used this Alton Brown recipe, and skipped on the cheese and used crushed croutons instead of Panko bread crumbs.  It was good-od-od-od-od-od.  I also made apple chips: FAIL.  They were soggy the next day, so really I just have dehydrated apples (not that exciting).

Last night I made sweet potato tacos, which I hope to share soon.  Really tasty, and a nice change from the old routine.  Tonight I am thinking about a caramelized fennel and onion pizza, but we shall see.

If you are looking for another sweet potato recipe, try this sweet and spicy lentil soup.  You could even substitute the swiss chard for kale.  Or how about this baked spaghetti squash with tomatoes and basil?  I told you I was obsessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment