Thursday, August 18, 2011

CSA Week Ten

Hooray!  Finally got real tomatoes!  Here is what else I got this week from my CSA:

-Basil
-Carrots
-Corn
-Eggplant
-Cucumber
-Summer squash
-Lettuce
-Peppers
-Cherry tomatoes
-Tomatoes
-Peaches
-Melon
-Eggs
-Wild Flowers

Last night I made tostadas with the lettuce and cherry tomatoes.

Sometimes my favorite thing to do with a tomato is just slice it up and put some salt on it.  I think I am going to save a few and make a margherita pizza, with my own tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese, and basil.  A pepper pizza sounds pretty good too, and even this grilled-peach and proscuitto pizza sounds interesting.  Pizza party!

I am actually making tomato and eggplant soup tonight, and I desperately need to make some zucchini bread and freeze it for the later.  I still have a few zuccs hanging around in my fridge.

If you end up making tomato sauce, how about some homemade pasta to go with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment