Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mondrian SoHo - Imperial No. Nine

My friend and I stopped by the Mondrian Soho Hotel, while wondering through Soho.  The outside had a rusted iron fence with ivy, and an archway beckoning us to come in.  So we did.  The lobby is something from I don't know where, and I actually would recommend you close your eyes (think a paint bucket of periwinkle blue has been throw all over the room, blue shiny vinyl seats, blue velvet, and a blue feather boa lamp - yuck), and make a u-turn to your left into the Imperial No. Nine restaurant.  It is like the Secret Garden/Alice In Wonderland, so pretty, whimsical, and a perfect place to get a drink with your girlfriends.  There was even a swing we sat in, which made drinking a little precarious, but didn't stop us.  If you are in the area, I would recommend checking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment