Friday, March 26, 2010

Books To Nosh On

This past month I have been reading Appetite For Life - The Biography of Julia Child by Noel Riley Fitch.  It is an incredibly detailed book of Julia Child's life, a bit too detailed at times, but still very interesting to read.  Appetite For Life chronicles Julia's road from being a daring yet goofy California girl to meeting her husband Paul Child and to eventually creating Mastering The Art of French Cooking and her television program The French Chef.  What I find most inspiring is Julia's enthusiasm and hard work ethic, as well as Paul and Julia's modern marriage of true team work.  I still have 80 pages left of this book, and I desperately trying to finish before I leave for vacation today.  I wouldn't mind reading it, but it is rather heavy and I would like to carry a book 300 pages lighter.  I have so many food-related books piling up in my book case that I thought I would share.

How To Cook Like A Wolf by M.F.K. Fisher
A Stew or A Story by M.F.K. Fisher

The Edible Series books - which has an array of foods published.  I think these little books would be a great gift for a food lover:
Pie: A Global History by Janet Clarkson

Chocolate: A Global History by Sarah Moss and Alexander Badenoch

Curry: A Global History by Colleen Taylor
My Life In France by Julia Childs

Now if I could only choose what to take!  See you in a week :)

While I am away, take a peek at last year's goodies: jumbo oatmeal raisin cookies, miso soup, and my favorite - banana crunch muffins!

Also for the Easter and Passover holidays, try: matzo toffee and crackle dyed eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment