Wednesday, April 27, 2011

BluePrint Cleanse Review - Day 1

Yesterday I woke up determined to give BluePrint Cleanse a second chance, by doing the Foundation Cleanse.  My first attempt was a little weak, okay majorly weak (click here to read).  So this time around, I purchased The 3-Day Cleanse book by Zoe Sakoutis and Erica Huss, the same women who created BluePrint Cleanse, to get more motivated.  Although, I find this little project expensive, I am finding it worth the money, since I don't own a juicer and would just like to see if I even like the way I feel during and after a cleanse.


Okay, so my first day:

-6:30am: Woke up and made a cup of hot water and lemon, to wake up my digestive system.
-7:30am: Juice 1 - Green Juice (Romaine, Celery, Cucumber, Apple, Spinach, Kale, Parsley, and Lemon), which was so hard for me to drink the last time.  I just couldn't get over the flavor.  This time around though, it was much easier to swallow (still not my favorite).
-9:00am: Got to work, and attempted to drink a cup of green tea, but it kind of made me nauseous, so I stopped.
-10:00am: Juice 2 - P.A.M. (Pineapple, Apple, Mint).  I am in heaven!  This juice is so refreshing, I wish I could have it the entire cleanse, but I guess the green juice makes me appreciate it more.
-11:00am: Lots of water in between my juices.
-1:00pm:  My coworkers order burgers and fried chicken salads.  The smell makes me hungry, even though I don't eat those things.
-1:30pm: Juice 3 - Green Juice again.  This time is went down much easier -  I think I am getting the hang of it!  The colder it is, the better!  You can also add some lemon juice if you need to, to make it taste better, but I was fine without it.
-2:00pm: Note to self - Don't read food blogs or look up restaurants while you are on the cleanse.  You are torturing yourself.
-4:00pm: Juice 4 - Spicy Lemonade (Water, Lemon, Cayenne Pepper, and Agave Nectar).  This drink is refreshing, my second favorite to P.A.M.
-5:30pm: Lots of water before leaving work and getting on the subway.  I have never peed so much in my life!
-6:30pm: Juice 5 - Green Juice AGAIN.  Went down fine...but why am I watching Chuck's Day Off?Tomato tart, pork chops, and Chuck himself are looking really good.  I don't even eat or like pork chops, but I do like Chuck.
-7:00pm: I spy peppernuts that my roommate's mom has sent him.  STOP TORTURING ME.  He is making a lentil soup right now, and the place smells like onions, garlic, ginger, and spices.  Thanks friend.
-8:30pm: Juice 6 - Spicy Lemonade again.  A BluePrint Cleanse client typically gets the cashew milk for their last juice, but I lied and said I was allergic to nuts.  Last time I had the cashew milk, it kind of grossed me out, and had a chalky texture (I am a big texture girl).  Although, the lemonade is good, I am regretting not trying the cashew milk again.
-9:30pm - Drinking some Kusmi Detox tea while watching Top Chef Masters, and browsing through my new book Martha Stewart Pies and Tarts.
-12:00am - Sleepy time.

Overall, I did not feel hungry at all, but I thought about food all day, which was hard.  One thing I did notice was I felt more focused throughout the day, and maybe it was from the cleanse or maybe it was because I wasn't daydreaming about what I was going to make that night or have for lunch.  Physically, my typical bloodshot eyes were clear, a true miracle.  I am thinking it is from all the hydration.

I will keep you posted on how my last two days go.  Wish me luck!

UPDATE: To read about my second day, click here, and my third day, click here.

1 comment:

  1. GOOD LUCK SAM! Reading through your schedule had me laughing out loud. High five to you girlfriend, cause I don't think I could do it. I can pull 3 all nighters in a row, but I don't think I could do a 3 day juice cleanse diet. However, if anyone can...you are the girl. BTW, I'm glad this cleanse diet isn't coinciding with my birthday (May 7) because you must go out to dinner with us:) xo, Anna

    ReplyDelete