Friday, July 8, 2011

CSA Week Four

I cannot believe June is already over!  And this short week totally flew by.  This is what I got in my CSA this week:

-Curly endive
-Kohlrabi
-Kale
-Tat Soi (Click here to learn more about Tat Soi)
-Beets
-Basil
-Cucumbers
-Zucchini
-Broccoli
-Blueberries
-Blackberries
-Eggs
-Sunflowers

Wednesday night I used some of my lettuce and made black bean tacos, and had the blackberries for dessert.  By the way, they were the biggest blackberries I had seen in my life.

Last night, I made Jamie Oliver's Broccoli and Pesto Tagliatelle, which I hope to share soon (good bye basil and broccoli).

Today my friend is making these McClure's Garlic and Dill Pickles with our cucumbers (click here and scroll down for the recipe).

Later this weekend, I am going to try the Clinton St. Baking Company's Blueberry Muffins.  Roast some beets, toast some walnuts, and toss together with some goat cheese for a warm salad.  And maybe make this Zucchini Cake with Crunchy Lemon Glaze, click here for the recipe.  I found a stir-fry recipe in Jamie's Food Revolution cookbook, that I might tweak to use the tat soi, and I am making this Kohlrabi Salad.  Geez there is so much to make...I am completely forgetting about the kale and orzo salad from Super Natural Every Day and what about the curly endive?  So much to do, and in a very hot kitchen I might add!


No comments:

Post a Comment